Jaguar XK8 XKR X100 Flat Mesh Grill - 1996-2003
✔ Polished finish
✔ Made in England
✔ Stainless steel
✔ Easily fitted
✔ Fitting instructions provided
Availability: 1-3 working days
The eye-catching lines of these mesh grilles are guaranteed to make your Jaguar stand out from the crowd. Add a gleaming touch of refinement with this flat mesh grille, made from high quality electro-polished, hand-woven stainless steel mesh which will not rust or chip.
Fits all XK8 & XKR Type 1997 to 2003.5 models – full fitting instructions are provided. The grille incorporates a thick metal surround that complements the grille and gives it added strength.
To reveal the full effect of the grille’s sporty looks, add a number plate plinth lowering kit.
- Begin by jacking the car up and remove the two front wheels
- Once up in the air, remove the inspection panels from both side of the front inner arch guards - peeling the inner arch away from the edge of the bumper
- You will now have access to remove the first 3 8mm bolts which are located on either side of the bumper
- Next remove the bolts which are right at the front of the bumper. In addition there are 3 plastic plugs that hold the bumper on, which need levering out of their holes
- The final parts that need to be removed are plastic plugs that hold the under tray on. The bumper will now be loose, and can be removed from the vehicle
- Once the bumper is removed, you can clearly see a large black beam that has the over riders and a chrome strip or grille attached to it. This can removed by levering out plastic plugs that are located on either side of the over riders
- With the plugs removed, the front parts should just slide off, leaving 2 crude pieces of plastic sticking through - these need to be cut off with a hack saw
- Next lay the grille in the mouth of the bumper and mark where the eyelet holes are in the mouth
- Now remove the grille and drill small pilot holes where the screws will be fitted - refit the grille and hold in place with self-tapping screws
- The bumper can now be refitted to the car - in the same way it was removed